Start your journey towards a successful career and enhance your creative skills in the field of multimedia with the help of experienced lecturers and trained experts, providing you with the best academic and practical experience.
High school branch
All high school branches
The number of hours of specialization
Justification for launching the program:
With the tremendous advancement in information technology and the urgent need for modern tools to transfer knowledge using various media such as audio, visuals, text, and motion, specialized software for designing and publishing multimedia has emerged. This has created a demand for qualified professionals to work in the field of multimedia. The following justifications were identified for launching the program:
1. Economic justifications:
- Keeping up with the market requirements in the fields of gaming and 3D graphics.
- Opening up new job opportunities for program graduates, allowing them to work in multiple fields instead of just one. This includes private and government space stations, local radio stations, and studios.
- Qualifying and training national competencies in the field of multimedia.
- Bridging the gap between theoretical studies and job market requirements, enabling graduates to comprehend theory and apply practical skills.
2. Social and cultural justifications:
- Raising awareness in the community about the importance and role of multimedia technology and its applications in our daily lives, especially for children.
- Contributing to the cultural and scientific development of society through public lectures.
- Addressing various social problems, especially leisure time among community members, through diverse social programs based primarily on multimedia technologies and addressing community needs.
- Equipping graduates with cognitive skills in multimedia technology for use in both the public and private sectors. - Working towards spreading technological awareness in society.
3. Technological justifications:
- The reliance of many Arab and foreign communities on multimedia (both auditory and visual) to acquire news and events worldwide through browsing the most widespread online newspapers.
- Preparing national human resources capable of dealing with modern scientific requirements and various applications, especially in the field of multimedia.
- Keeping pace with the successive and rapid technological developments in multimedia and its different techniques.
4. Special justifications related to national policies:
- In the current situation and during the Second Intifada, there was an urgent and significant need to expose Israeli crimes in the context of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Therefore, it was necessary to use all information means to highlight the Palestinian position and its historical and national rights, which the occupation succeeded in distorting in its favor through the use of advanced information media and superior human resources. Hence, there was an urgent need to produce human resources capable of keeping up with developments and addressing the needs and issues of the Palestinian society through multimedia technology.
- Providing specialized graduates in the field of multimedia due to the important role this specialization plays in highlighting the progress and development of the state.
- Developing individual capacities of graduates and equipping them to deal with modern technology related to multimedia.
- Introducing concepts and technological skills related to general multimedia applications and disseminating them in governmental and private entities.
Job opportunities for graduates of the specialization:
1. Freelance work in the fields of design and editing.
2. Designing effects and editing for satellite channels and creating TV advertising presentations.
3. Working in radio stations, media institutions, and news websites.
4. Working in film, television, and video production companies.
5. Working in printing houses, publishing, books, and newspapers.
6. Working in graphic design offices and websites.
7. Program designers and laboratory supervisors.
8. Sales managers in information technology companies.